This is going to be a quick post - lots of photos. Who doesn't like to read photos over looking at a bunch of text anyway. HA!
I have to say the clamping jig worked great. Wax paper was the best part. Even the West System will peel right off the wax paper. Easy clean up - no seriously I can reuse the wax paper.
Below you will see a gallery of images to see what I did. Here are some notes on the process. Please feel free to ask any questions.
This is all well and good but if what you end up with isn't pleasing to the eye there's no point other than this was a learning exercise. I did learn a lot, and I am semi happy with the vessel that I ended up with. I don't like the foot that is on it. I need a bigger face place to hold the bowl to turn that how I want it to me. I have also learned to turn the foot second. I had to get the whole thing balanced first. That was a bit tricky and even took a trip to the bandsaw.
Please let me know your thoughts on my first ever segmented turning attempt.
Thanks for reading & looking.